Welcome to our website!
I am a board certified ophthalmologist in Rockville, and have practiced in Rockville since I founded Washington Eye Consultants in 1992. I specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and surgical correction of eye diseases. I have an unwavering devotion to patient care, and have developed a world-class practice known for excellence in the treament of eye diseases. Our mission is to enhance the quality of our patients’ lives by compassionately providing the highest level of eye care.
Palisades Eye Surgery Center
Since 2004, I have been the Medical Director of Palisades Eye Surgery Center, the premier eye surgery center in Washington metropolitan area.
I belong to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and am a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. I am one of the first eye surgeons in Washington to perform laser assisted (femtosecond) cataract surgery (2011).
RAISED IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY
I grew up in Silver Spring MD, and attended John F. Kennedy High School. I majored in Biology and graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Pennsylvania, and graduated medical school from New York University. I love competitive tennis and am an active member of the Chinese Bible Church of Maryland.
I am fluent in Chinese and English.
Our original Rockville office was located on Montrose Road. We moved to our current location in 2011, 4 blocks from the original office. The new office has enabled our practice to expand our diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities. We offer state of the art digital equipment and instruments to comprehensively evaluate and treat the following specialty areas:
- Premium Cataract Surgery using laser Catalys femtosecond technology for the bladeless removal of cataracts, and the implantation of specialty multifocal Restor and Toric lens implants.
- Emergency Eye Care and Surgery
- Complete Diagnostic Vision and Visual Health Testing.
- Correction of Vision disorders (adult and pediatric)
- Glaucoma diagnosis and treatment
- Laser Treatment for:
- LASIK laser vision correction.
- Dry Eye Disease Center. In addition to our clinical services, we are a CLIA licensed laboratory offering the TearLab device to diagnose and treat Dry Eye Disease.
- Contact Lens fitting – vision correction, cosmetic color lenses, astigmatic toric and multifocal contact lenses.
- Cosmetic botox and fillers, along with eyelid surgery for functional and cosmetic therapy.
I look forward to the privilege of taking care of you and your family.
Robert Chu, M.D.
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Cataract and Laser Vision Correction Specialist
Rockville, MD 20852